Credit: Maple Leaf Adventures is looking for a Marine Engineer & a Deckhand for Refit & Ecotourism Trips.
Have an Ocean Job in science, marine ecotourism or sustainable business? Offering Ocean Jobs as an Intern or Volunteer Positions? Looking for Ocean Project Funding? Let us know so we can share it with this amazingly connected network!
• The Loggerhead Marinelife Center needs a Public Relations & Communications Manager.
• The Seattle Aquarium needs an Ocean Policy Manager.
• Defenders of Wildlife is searching for a Senior Conservation Policy Analyst.
• The San Francisco Bay and Outer Coast Sentinel Site Cooperative seeks to build sea-level rise resilience and protect critical ecosystem and community services with a Postdoctoral Coordinator Opportunity.
• The National Oceanography Centre (England) is looking for a Marine Ecologist (3-year contract).
• The Reef Environmental Education Foundation (REEF) is searching for an Executive Director.
• Environment Tasmania is looking for a Strategy Director – Marine Protection Campaign (1-year contract).
• The Aquarium of the Bay and Sea Lion Centre is searching for an Interpretive Specialist.
• The National Marine Sanctuary Foundation is looking for an Oahu Outreach and Education Coordinator.
• The National Oceanography Centre is looking for a Project Management Apprentice.
• Patagonia is looking for an Environmental Programs Manager.
• National Geographic is looking for a Digital Writer/Editor for their Culture & Exploration features.
• Pronatura Mexico are looking for a Director of the Terrestrial Ecosystems Conservation Program.
• The Charles Darwin Foundation is looking for an Environmental Communicator.
• The National Lobster Hatchery is searching for a Seasonal Visitor Centre Assistant.
• The Intercultural Outreach Initiative has Coral Reef Restoration volunteer placements in Cuba.
• The Bimini Shark Lab has Volunteer openings for field work experience.
• Volunteer with the Gili Shark Conservation Project in Indonesia.
• The White Shark Diving Company is looking for Shark Marine Volunteers.
• The Marine Megafauna Foundation is looking for an Alternative Livelihoods Project Manager.
• Get involved with the UN Development Programme and become an Ocean Action Volunteer.
• The UNDP is looking for an International Consultant to assist gap analysis, assessment and designation of the potential Albanian marine protected areas.
• The Coastal Carbon Research Coordination Network is looking for applicants to two working groups and registered interest on three more.
• Apply with the Sustainable Ocean Alliance to be a Youth Ocean Leader at Our Ocean Youth Leadership Summit in Bali.
OCEAN PROJECT FUNDING
•The Cartier Women’s Initiative Awards has funding for committed female entrepreneurs.
• The European Space Agency is offering support and funding to companies looking to develop space empowered services to support the Atlantic Area’s economic and environmental development though the Atlantic Area Kick-Start Activity.
• Starting July 26 – November 15, NOAA’s Office of Ocean Exploration & Research is soliciting proposals for ocean exploration in waters under U.S. jurisdiction.
• NOAA’s RESTORE Science Program has a funding opportunity for tracking, understanding, and/or predicting trends and variability in the Gulf of Mexico’s living coastal and marine resources and the processes driving them. Approximately $15 million USD is available to fund six projects for five years. Pre-proposal deadline: July 30, 2018.
• Funding to support capacity building in developing countries for reducing marine mammal bycatch through the Global Fund for Marine Mammal Bycatch Solutions.
• The 7th Women Startup Challenge, cohosted by the Office of the Mayor of Paris, has money for innovative women-led startups that are solving problems for people, businesses, and the planet.
• The XPrize is offering funding for projects that address one of three “Grand Challenges:” Coral Restoration, Local Coral Protection, or Climate Resilience.
• The Sea Change Foundation has funding to empower and enable the global dive community to act as first-responders to reef damaging incidents.
• The Coral Reef Funding Landscape explores international funding allocations for the sustainable management of coral reefs, mangroves and seagrasses.
Get More Ocean Job Alerts Delivered To Your Inbox!
We believe ocean lovers can change the world. If you want to have a bigger impact to care for our beautiful blue planet, then connect with the Blue Ocean tribe: Our growing community of ocean change-makers is doing awesome work around the globe. Signup to receive weekly Ocean Updates including jobs, funding, and the latest news through an ocean lens.