Have an Ocean Job in science, marine ecotourism or sustainable business? Offering Ocean Jobs as an Intern or Volunteer Positions? Looking for Ocean Project Funding? Let us know so we can share it with this amazingly connected network! Looking for more? Click here for upcoming Ocean Events, Ocean People in your network and current Ocean News.
• MahaRaja Eco Dive Lodge is looking for a PADI OWSI and DM, interested in the protection of the environment and the integration in the local Papuan community, to manage one of the only Eco dive lodges in the world.
• Ocean Wise is searching for a Digital Development Officer.
• The UK National Marine Aquarium is looking for a Communications Officer.
• The Travel Foundation is searching for a Sustainable Tourism Project Assistant to help implement the Transforming Tourism Value Chains project in St. Lucia.
• RSPB is looking for a Dolphinwatch Visitor Experience Officer.
• Sea Sense is looking for an Executive Director.
• San Juan Safaris & San Juan Outfitters is looking for a Marine Naturalist.
• The Song saa Foundation is looking for a Community Coordinator based in Koh Rong in Cambodia.
• The California Ocean Protection Council is looking for a Marine Protected Areas Senior Environmental Scientist.
• The NOAA Office of Ocean Exploration and Research is hiring a Writer/Editor.
• The Center for Law, Energy & the Environment at UC Berkeley is seeking to hire a Research Fellow focused on Ocean Law & Policy.
• The California Ocean Protection Council is seeking a Senior Environmental Scientist in Ocean and Climate Change Program.
• The Wildlife Conservation Society is looking for a Marine Technical Advisor in Myanmar.
• The WA Department of Ecology is recruiting for a Marine Policy Associate (Environmental Planner 3) in the Shorelands and Environmental Assistance (SEA) Program.
• The Natural Resources Agency is looking for a Senior Environmental Scientist to help lead their Marine Protected Area Program.
• Frégate Island Private is currently recruiting conservation volunteers for a period of six months beginning January 2019 for turtle monitoring and coral rehabilitation.
• ARCHELON Τhe Sea Turtle Protection Society of Greece is looking for skilled volunteers as Field Leaders, responsible for leading sea turtle monitoring actions (Monitoring Field leaders), public awareness actions (Public Awareness Field Leaders) and the good state of research stations (Camp and Volunteer Coordinators).
• Terra Sylvetris is looking for field volunteers to contribute to sustainable development in the area of the Inner Ionian island archipelago in Greece.
• The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service is seeking volunteers for six months at Midway Atoll National Wildlife Refuge in the biological program from September 2018 to March 2019.
• The Marine MegaFauna Foundation accepts volunteers: research assistant, conservation project assistant, teacher trainer, photo/video journalist, operations assistant, graphic designer, and business development officer.
• Discover Dominica Authority (DDA) wishes to engage a Consultant to develop and diversify its Voluntourism Plan.
• Aqaba Tourism, in co-operation with Scuba Diver, are offering the chance to win an all-inclusive trip to Aqaba for you and your family in April 2019.
• IFC is seeking a firm to conduct detailed consumer market research on the historical tourism markets in the United States of America and Australia
• The NMFS-Sea Grant has applications open for a Joint Fellowship Program in Population and Ecosystem Dynamics and Marine Resource Economics.
• The World Wildlife Fund is accepting applications for their Professional Development Grants (PDGs), which provide support for mid-career conservationists to pursue short-term, non-degree training to upgrade their knowledge and skills.
OCEAN PROJECT FUNDING
• Twelve JPI Oceans member countries together with Brazil launch a call for transnational research projects to study the sources, distribution and impact of microplastics in the marine environment.
• The Blue Action Fund is accepting applications for projects in Cambodia, Indonesia, Myanmar, Philippines, and Vietnam.
• The second MarTERA call for transnational research and innovation projects on maritime and marine technologies is open from 30 November 2018 to 29 March 2019.
• The Marine Mammal Commission is accepting single-year research pre-proposals on the impacts of a changing ocean on marine mammals of importance to Alaska Natives.
• The Paul M. Angell Family Foundation is accepting grant applications for Ocean Conservation Efforts.
• The NOAA Coral Reef Conservation Grant Program (CRCP) provides matching grants of financial assistance through the Domestic Coral Reef Conservation Grant program.
• The US Department of Commerce has funding through the NMFS Community-based Restoration Program Coastal and Marine Habitat Restoration to support habitat restoration projects.
• Partners for Places has new grant opportunities for sustainability & green stormwater projects.
• For anyone who combines art and conservation, Arts Activities has $5-50k in funding opening 1 December 2018, closing 28 February 2019.
• Sage Foundation’s Enterprise Fund will support the creation of entrepreneurial programs to help improve the lives of military veterans, young people or women and girls.
Get More Ocean Job Alerts Delivered To Your Inbox!
We believe ocean lovers can change the world. If you want to have a bigger impact to care for our beautiful blue planet, then connect with the Blue Ocean tribe: Our growing community of ocean change-makers is doing awesome work around the globe. Signup to receive weekly Ocean Updates including jobs, funding, and the latest news through an ocean lens.