Credit: The School for Field Studies is searching for a Site Manager in Turks and Caicos.
Have an Ocean Job in science, marine ecotourism or sustainable business? Offering Ocean Jobs as an Intern or Volunteer Positions? Looking for Ocean Project Funding? Let us know so we can share it with this amazingly connected network!
• UC San Diego searches for a Communications Coordinator within a marine ecology laboratory at Scripps Institution of Oceanography. Deadline: 08/09/2018
• ESSO-Indian National Centre for Ocean Information Services, is pursuing focused programs in the areas of Ocean Observations, Ocean Modeling and Ocean Information & Advisory services. They are looking for a Project Assistant.
• CorPower Ocean is looking to hire a Technical Project Manager as it prepares to enter the next-stage in the development of its full-scale wave energy device.
• In partnership with Nova Scotia Post-Secondary Institutions, Federal and Provincial governments, IBM is supporting collaborative research projects that leverage high performance computing and data science to drive commercial outcomes related to industries of the ocean economy. They are looking for a High Performance Computing (HPC) Analyst – Post Doctoral Fellow.
• The UCLA History Department is looking for a Assistant Professor on the History of East Africa/Indian Ocean.
• ECODIT has multiple consultant positions available for a variety of expertise in Natural Resource Management and Biodiversity Conservation.
• Perspecta is looking for a NOAA NCEI Coastal Data Development (CDD) Program Manager.
• Xanterra Travel Collection is looking for a Senior Director of Environmental Compliance & Stewardship.
• OpenROV is seeking a Robotics Software Engineer to join their team in building the future of ocean exploration technology.
• The School for Field Studies is looking for a Site Manager in Turks and Caicos.
• Carnegie Science is looking for a Part Time Executive Assistant to Research Scientist in the Environmental science of climate, carbon, and energy lab at Stanford, CA.
• The Arc Centre of Excellence Coral Reef Studies has two positions available for Research Associate: Quantitative Social-Ecological Systems & Research Officer: Quantitative Social-Ecological Systems.
• The Department of Fisheries and Oceans (DFO) Pacific Biological Station (PBS) is looking for a Postdoctoral Fellow to lead a research project on British Columbia groundfish range shifts in response to local climate velocities. Deadline: August 10, 2018
• The Plymouth Marine Laboratory is looking for a Maritime Apprentice to combine work based learning with a formal qualification leading to a Level 3 Apprenticeship in Maritime Studies.
• The CHASE project (Chronobiology of Changing Arctic Sea Ecosystem) is looking for a Postdoctoral Research Associate to study the biology of Arctic zooplankton in response to climate change. Deadline: August 20, 2018
• The Pew Charitable Trust has many open positions in their global offices, including Associate, Protecting Ocean Life on the High Seas & Senior Associate, Reducing Harmful Fishing Subsidies (Outreach).
• The University of Southampton is seeking a Regius Professorship of Ocean Sciences.
• The Ocean Conservancy is looking to hire a few positions, including Planned Giving Officer.
• Terracycle is looking for a PR & Marketing Manager based in Sydney, Australia. Help reduce our waste before it reaches the oceans.
• The Joint Programming Initiative Healthy and Productive Seas and Oceans (JPI Oceans) is looking for an Executive Director. Deadline: August 18, 2018
• The World Resources Initiative is looking for a Research Associate, Sustainable Ocean Initiative.
• Ocean Energy Europe is looking for a Policy & Project Officer. Deadline: August 10, 2018
• The Center for Biological Diversity seeks a Scientist for its Oceans Program.
• GVI needs volunteers to help local partners with sea turtle Conservation and Education programs in Thailand’s Phang Nga Bay. Book before August 31.
•The Marine Megafauna Foundation is looking for an Alternative Livelihoods Project Manager.
• The Wild Fisheries Trust is looking for a Seaquaria Assistant / Ecological Monitoring Volunteer. Deadline: August 10, 2018
• The East Coast Environmental Law Association is looking for a Volunteer Environmental Photographer.
• The Bimini Shark Lab has Volunteer openings for field work experience.
• Volunteer with the Gili Shark Conservation Project in Indonesia.
• The White Shark Diving Company is looking for Shark Marine Volunteers.
• Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU) program has funding to support active research participation by undergraduate students in any of the areas of research funded by the National Science Foundation.
• Turtle Island Restoration Network has a Conservation Scholarship for a person beginning or early in his or her marine conservation career to participate from December 7 – 17, 2018 on a ten-day shark and sea turtle tagging expedition to Cocos Island National Park, Costa Rica.
• The Global Green Growth Institute (GGGI) is seeking an Energy Expert for a short-term consultancy to develop the renewable energy (RE) and energy efficiency (EE) guide for small-scale tourism bungalow operators in Vanuatu. Deadline: August 9, 2018
• Griffith University’s Cities Research Institute (CRI) and Griffith Sciences are offering three full-time scholarships for new PhD candidates interested in researching topics relating to the problems and opportunities experienced in the interface between sea and cities.
• The European Commission is offering Blue Book Traineeships to gain hands-on experience in ocean policy, maritime affairs & fisheries.
• Apply with the Sustainable Ocean Alliance to be a Youth Ocean Leader at Our Ocean Youth Leadership Summit in Bali. Deadline: August 17, 2018.
OCEAN PROJECT FUNDING
• Sustainable Aquaculture Projects have a place for funding. Sea Pact, is a group of North American Seafood companies dedicated to a sustainable supply chain. Initial 1-2 page Letters of Interest are due by August 20, 2018. Selected organisations will be requested to submit a full project proposal by mid-September. Sea Pact aims to announce grant recipients in late 2018.
• Florida Resilient Coastline Program has funding for 13 projects.
• There is $10 million in funding available through the Gulf Research Program to Enhance Coastal Community Resilience and Well-Being in the Gulf of Mexico Region.
• The National Fish and Wildlife Foundation (NFWF) is requesting proposals for the National Coastal Resilience Fund. Full Proposal Due Date: Tuesday, August 7, 2018
• The Global Seaweed STAR Fund (£900k total) will provide £200k in Travel Grants (up to £2k each) and £700k in Research and Innovation grants (from £5k to £50k) to enable rapid reactivity to emerging crises in the seaweed industry and foster further international cooperation between researchers and practitioners in this field to promote the sustainable growth of the global seaweed industry.
• The Save Our Seas Foundation has Keystone Grants for projects that promote the recovery of sawfishes, wedgefish and guitarfish.
• Climate Bonds are available for domestic and international projects intended to address aging infrastructure, seismic reliability, combined sewer discharges, rising sea levels and localized flooding.
• Circulate Capital is an impact-focused investment management firm dedicated to financing innovation, companies, and infrastructure that prevent the flow of plastic waste into the world’s ocean while advancing the circular economy.
• Program for Early-stage Grants Advancing Sustainability Science 2: Ocean Sustainability has an open call for research projects that focus on synthesis research for ocean sustainability. Deadline: August 6, 2018
• The Cartier Women’s Initiative Awards has funding for committed female entrepreneurs. Deadline: August 30, 2018
• NOAA has funding for a Cooperative Institute for Ocean Exploration.
• Starting July 26 – November 15, NOAA’s Office of Ocean Exploration & Research is soliciting proposals for ocean exploration in waters under U.S. jurisdiction.
• NOAA’s RESTORE Science Program has a funding opportunity for tracking, understanding, and/or predicting trends and variability in the Gulf of Mexico’s living coastal and marine resources and the processes driving them. Approximately $15 million USD is available to fund six projects for five years.
• Funding to support capacity building in developing countries for reducing marine mammal bycatch through the Global Fund for Marine Mammal Bycatch Solutions.
• The 7th Women Startup Challenge, cohosted by the Office of the Mayor of Paris, has money for innovative women-led startups that are solving problems for people, businesses, and the planet. Deadline: August 7, 2018
• The Sea Change Foundation has funding to empower and enable the global dive community to act as first-responders to reef damaging incidents.
• The Coral Reef Funding Landscape explores international funding allocations for the sustainable management of coral reefs, mangroves and seagrasses.
Get More Ocean Job Alerts Delivered To Your Inbox!
We believe ocean lovers can change the world. If you want to have a bigger impact to care for our beautiful blue planet, then connect with the Blue Ocean tribe: Our growing community of ocean change-makers is doing awesome work around the globe. Signup to receive weekly Ocean Updates including jobs, funding, and the latest news through an ocean lens.