Make a Difference from your Desktop
Blue Ocean Network offers short-term internship opportunities to apply your skills, gain valuable experience, contribute to ocean action and actually get paid (This is NOT an unpaid internship.) Granted, we don’t pay a lot but you get to meet and work with fun and caring people who are changing the world – and you can do it right from your desktop. Upon successful completion of a 3-month term, Interns may be eligible for further professional development in others areas of our social enterprise.
The Skinny on Internships
You are perfect for this opportunity if you are a people-person who loves to get things done with professional polish and a sense of fun. You are drawn to important causes, love the water, and want a better world. You are comfortable working on your own in a virtual environment, while connecting to a team.
* Interns work with the Founders and a small remote team.
* Commitment – 10 hours per week for 3 months.
* Paid internship – start at $15/hour.
To be Eligible for a Blue Ocean Internship
You must have a deep and personal connection to the ocean.
* You have a positive mindset, a can-do attitude, friendly and service-oriented outlook.
* Must be in a college program or a graduate of a program that relates to the position;
(If not, must show experience commensurate with the internship opportunity.)
* Where applicable, you may be asked to show some examples of your work.
How to Apply
Apply by providing: a paragraph or two describing your connection to the sea; a resume including relevant education and work experience, and; two references that include name, position and email address. Submit application to Robert (@blueocean.net) with the name of the internship you are applying for in the email Subject Line.
As a Blue Ocean Intern you will be able to
* “Meet “ cool people
* Connect with ocean changemakers from around the globe
* Gain valuable insights on ocean challenges and solutions
* Improve your professional business and online communications skills
* Learn about the valuable and diverse work of ocean allies
* Make a difference from your desktop
Types of Internships
Social Media Engagement
Editorial & Content Management
Visual & Graphic Media
For More Information.
If you have any questions about internships contact Robert (@blueocean.net) with “Internships” in the email Subject Line.
Banner Image © Michele Westmorland