Do you love to share ocean-worthy news, enjoy engaging with ocean change-makers, and have communications skills that call in the tribe??
Blue Ocean Internship Program
Blue Ocean Network has openings for four short-term internships that allow you to apply your online media skills, gain valuable experience, contribute to ocean action and actually get paid (This is NOT an unpaid internship.) Granted, we don’t pay a lot but you get to meet and work with fun and caring people who are changing the world – and you can do it right from your desktop. Upon successful completion of a 3-month term, Interns may be eligible for further professional development in others areas of our social enterprise.
Make a Difference from you Desktop
You are perfect for this opportunity if you are a people-person who loves to get things done with professional polish and a sense of fun. You are drawn to important causes, love the water, and want a better world. You are comfortable working on your own in a virtual environment, while connecting to a team on a regular basis.
* Interns work with the Founders and a small remote team.
* Commitment – 10 hours per week for 3 months.
* Paid internship – starting at $15/hour.
* Start date – to be determined.
Social Media Intern Opportunity
As a Social Media Intern, you have a working knowledge of our social media channels, use social media software to upload posts and regularly monitor social media activity. Your online communications tone is engaging, inclusive and upbeat. You will have the opportunity to leave your mark, making ocean change-maker outreach more diverse, attracting action-oriented change-makers with a variety interests and passions (ocean recreationists, artists, writers, scientists, inventors, students, entrepreneurs, philanthropists & financiers, photo & filmmakers, travel & tourism professionals, sanctuaries, causes and more.)
As a Social Media Intern you will be responsible for:
* Daily posts of news articles, videos and photos to SM accounts.
* Like and share of ocean-worthy posts from our Allies to our SM platforms.
* Monitor and engage social media comments and forward messages and inquiries to the BON Team
* Identify interesting change-maker story leads to share with the BON Team.
* Promote Blue Ocean events, and provide support for live posts.
How to Apply
Apply by providing: a paragraph or two describing your connection to the sea; a resume including relevant education and work experience, and; two references that include name, position and email address. Submit application to Robert@BlueOcean.net with the name of the internship you are applying for in the email Subject Line.
About Blue Ocean Network
Blue Ocean Network is a budding social enterprise, specializing in media & events, that serves a growing tribe of Ocean Change-Makers; We do this in 4 ways:
1. Education: With a focus on positive ocean news, BlueOcean.Net is a public site founded on solutions journalism and features valuable insights, helpful tools and caring allies that make our blue planet a better place. We spotlight Leaders, Innovators and Solution Providers who help us all on the path towards sustainability.
2. Support: Our weekly Ocean Updates and FaceBook Group are community outreach tools that serve to inspire, educate and entertain ocean change-makers, and support those following an ocean-oriented education and career path.
3. Inspiration: The signature Blue Ocean Summit is an online interview series (live and recorded) that introduces our community to high profile and below-the-radar ocean leaders who inspire us into action with their work in science, art, innovation, human potential, community-based conservation and business sustainability.
4. Connection: A dedicated community site (currently under construction) goes deeper by connecting change-makers to each other through an online forum and directory, accelerating leadership development through events and giving you resources to enhance your career and impact as a global citizen, sustainable business or social enterprise.
For more information about Blue Ocean Network email a real person at Hello@BlueOcean.Net.