Blue Ocean Network has launched the Blue Ocean Summit 2016. This 3rd online Summit features interviews with artists, scientists, filmmakers, entrepreneurs and more, who are using their unique gifts, connections and experiences to impact change in their areas of passion and career influence.
Uncommon Leaders in Transitional Times
The title of the 2016 Summit is “Uncommon Leaders in Transitional Times.” Our fourteen Ocean Leaders have each amplified and displayed their own leadership, and each in their own way have taken to heart and acted upon, Dr. Sylvia Earle’s TED Wish rallying cry,
“I wish you would use all means at your disposal — films! expeditions! the web! new submarines! — to save and restore the blue heart of the planet.”
With this latest series of spirited conversations, you’ll see how to catalyze change, and you’ll learn how these game-changing activities are creating hope for a better blue planet. These inspiring interviews will give you plenty of ideas on how you can take action to be the change you want to see in the sea.
Our list of ocean changemakers who have combined their abilities in uncommon ways to take on uncommon leadership roles includes:
- Amos Nachoum — Award-winning Nature Photographer, Founder of Big Animal Expeditions
- Courtney Mattison — Large Installation Ceramic Sculptor, Editorial & Development Manager at MissionBlue.org
- Gianna Savoie —TV Documentary Producer, Environmental Biologist, Executive Director Ocean Media Institute
- Dr. Wallace J. Nichols —Turtle Scientist, Neuro-conservationist and Founder of Blue Mind
- Lizzi Larbalastier — Executive Business Coach, Founder of Going Coastal, Environmental Activist
- Michael Aw — Publisher of Ocean Geographic, Elysium Artists for the Ocean (Expedition Leader) and Award-winning Underwater Photographer
- Daniel Ponce-Taylor — Sustainable Development Facilitator, Director of Programs, GVI Volunteer Abroad, Internships Abroad
- Dr. Mikki McComb-Kobza —Shark Researcher, Executive Director of Ocean First Institute, and Educator at OFI Explorers Club
- Ief Winckelmans — Entrepreneur, Creator of Impact Investor Network, Founder of OceanImpact.org
- Liz Taylor — President, DOER Marine/Deep Ocean Engineering and Research, Google Ocean Contributor, Educator, Deep Water Horizon Study Group Member
- Liz Cunningham — Illustrator, Speaker, Educator, Best-selling author of “Ocean Country”
- Mehgan Heaney-Grier — World Free Dive Champion, Explorer, TV Personality, Marine Biologist
- Parvati Devi and Rishi Deva — Music Artist Parvati and her husband/manager RIshi are creators of Parvati Magazine and Parvati TV, Founders of Parvati.org and the MAPS Movement
To gain access to our presentations, you must reserve your seat.
Founder of Mission Blue, and National Geographic Explorer-in-Residence, Dr. Sylvia Earle won the $100,000 TED Prize in 2009 for her wish to create ‘Hope Spots’ – marine protected areas around the world – that serve to protect and restore our ocean. Known in the ocean conservation community as “Her Deepness”, Sylvia Earle has been a guiding inspiration for many ocean changemakers in the Blue Ocean Network community and beyond. Watch Sylvia Earle’s Prize-winning TED Talk, with more about Sylvia Earle at TED. Dr. Earle is a Blue Ocean Summit 2015 Alumnus.
For more information on the Summit visit BlueOceanSummit.com.
To attend the Summit, save your virtual seat at Eventbrite.
A downloadable Summit Resource Guide for Ocean Changemakers is available (50% pre-order discount) at Eventbrite.
Photo of Sylvia Earle: James Duncan Davidson, TED