The question isn’t, “I’m just one person; what can I do?” Everyone who has ever lived has been one person. The question is what can you do? And who can you do it with? Who do you need? Who needs your help?
Petitions for You to Sign
Save Your Ocean
It’s a change-making, ocean-loving water tribe here at Blue Ocean Network. We are deeply connected to the sea and that compels our community to take action and contribute, each in their own way, to save our oceans. While we can have some serious fun in this network, we believe in the power of individual action to protect our blue planet.
Get Involved Right Now
- STAY INFORMED – Sign up to receive our lovingly curated OCEAN UPDATES delivered to your inbox.
- GET INSPIRED – Check out our Summit Alumni of luminaries, visionaries, actionaries and thalassophiles.
- CONNECT – Plot & scheme ocean goodness with your kinda people inside our FACEBOOK GROUP
- ENGAGE – Sign and share the selected ocean petitions linked to this page (left sidebar).
- GET INSPIRED – Learn from outstanding ocean leaders in our NEWS section.
- COLLABORATE – Support the good works and sustainable pathways created by our community ALLIES.
- PARTICIPATE – Meet your ocean peeps face-to-face at EVENTS and during our online SUMMIT.
- SHARE YOUR STORY – What are you passionate about? Contribute your insights to this ocean-friendly community. See our Editorial Guidelines.
Want Career Support? Scholarships, Jobs, Internships?
There are several ways this ocean loving community supports your doing good while making a living.
- SCHOLARSHIPS & GRANTS – Subscribe to Ocean Updates to find the latest in financial support for your education.
- ATTRACT TEAM MEMBERS – Complete your team by posting your ocean-related jobs to Ocean Updates .
- JOB SEARCH – Ocean Updates is a tool to let this community know about your skills, preferences and availability.
- FELLOWSHIPS – We regularly post Fellowship opportunities in our community via Ocean Updates.
- BON INTERNSHIPS – Blue Ocean has an inhouse Internship program for people developing their media,marketing and communications skills in the ocean change-making and social enterprise arenas. Check out the BON Intership Program and available postings.
For your postings to be included in weekly Ocean Updates: Submit your Job Posting / Available Expertise / Funding support opportunities in a brief email (125 words max) (including a link to the details on your site) to Robert (at) BlueOcean.Net with “Careers” in the Subject line. Posts are screened and subject to space availability.
Join our global, growing and engaged tribe of Ocean People who are taking action in our own backyards. True, some have very big backyards. But no matter where you live, you can tap into the power of the tribe to help you bend the needle for the better.
Blue Ocean Network.com - September 8, 2014) -- The Pacific bluefin tuna can weigh 1,000 pounds and swim around the world at 50 miles per hour—but that’s not big or fast enough to escape the dangers of overfishing. Ninety-six percent of this impressive species is gone,...
(Blue Ocean Network.com - September 5, 2014) -- Project AWARE has launched "Debris Month of Action" – a time when thousands of scuba divers around the world rally together to take action against the trash from our everyday lives that makes its way to the ocean. Marine...
Blue Ocean is presenting four terrific interviews to share with you on the subject of “Honest Talk About Marine Conservation” with speakers that have experience dealing with local communities in Indonesia; to documenting the sardine migration along the eastern coast...
“Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the places and moments that take our breath away.” - Mark Twain, Cheryl Patterson’s favorite quote “We started Good Will Diving as a non-profit company that stresses sustainability and giving back. More...
"A lot of time and money is wasted educating the converted," says AW. "We should reach the general public to convert them. This is the challenge. This summit is a wonderful idea." ~ Michael Aw Michael AW recently returned from South Africa documenting over fishing of...
The UN Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change released its latest report and it's not pretty - but it's not too late if we take serious actions now. The Climate Change Report makes the issues clear - we are failing to mitigate the problem, our emissions are still...
(Blue Ocean Network.com - February 1, 2014 ) -- Thousands of people took to beaches across Australia yesterday to protest against a controversial shark culling policy designed to prevent attacks. Carrying placards, foam sharks and chanting “stop the cull”,...
Banner Image © Jones/Shimlock—Secret Sea Visions