The question isn’t, “I’m just one person; what can I do?” Everyone who has ever lived has been one person. The question is what can you do? And who can you do it with? Who do you need? Who needs your help?
Petitions for You to Sign
Save Your Ocean
It’s a change-making, ocean-loving water tribe here at Blue Ocean Network. We are deeply connected to the sea and that compels our community to take action and contribute, each in their own way, to save our oceans. While we can have some serious fun in this network, we believe in the power of individual action to protect our blue planet.
Get Involved Right Now
- STAY INFORMED – Sign up to receive our lovingly curated OCEAN UPDATES delivered to your inbox.
- GET INSPIRED – Check out our Summit Alumni of luminaries, visionaries, actionaries and thalassophiles.
- CONNECT – Plot & scheme ocean goodness with your kinda people inside our FACEBOOK GROUP
- ENGAGE – Sign and share the selected ocean petitions linked to this page (left sidebar).
- GET INSPIRED – Learn from outstanding ocean leaders in our NEWS section.
- COLLABORATE – Support the good works and sustainable pathways created by our community ALLIES.
- PARTICIPATE – Meet your ocean peeps face-to-face at EVENTS and during our online SUMMIT.
- SHARE YOUR STORY – What are you passionate about? Contribute your insights to this ocean-friendly community. See our Editorial Guidelines.
Want Career Support? Scholarships, Jobs, Internships?
There are several ways this ocean loving community supports your doing good while making a living.
- SCHOLARSHIPS & GRANTS – Subscribe to Ocean Updates to find the latest in financial support for your education.
- ATTRACT TEAM MEMBERS – Complete your team by posting your ocean-related jobs to Ocean Updates .
- JOB SEARCH – Ocean Updates is a tool to let this community know about your skills, preferences and availability.
- FELLOWSHIPS – We regularly post Fellowship opportunities in our community via Ocean Updates.
- BON INTERNSHIPS – Blue Ocean has an inhouse Internship program for people developing their media,marketing and communications skills in the ocean change-making and social enterprise arenas. Check out the BON Intership Program and available postings.
For your postings to be included in weekly Ocean Updates: Submit your Job Posting / Available Expertise / Funding support opportunities in a brief email (125 words max) (including a link to the details on your site) to Robert (at) BlueOcean.Net with “Careers” in the Subject line. Posts are screened and subject to space availability.
Join our global, growing and engaged tribe of Ocean People who are taking action in our own backyards. True, some have very big backyards. But no matter where you live, you can tap into the power of the tribe to help you bend the needle for the better.
Unprecedented Toxic Algae from Mining, Agriculture Run-off impacting Ocean-Recreation Economies. An unprecedented bloom of toxic cyanobacteria is washing onto beaches in Florida, keeping beach goers at home and raising concerns about possible impacts on public health...
In a new industry update, the Diving Equipment and Marketing Association (DEMA) has asked for industry help to address the need for a proper environmental impact study for Florida's Port Everglades expansion in Fort Lauderdale. The Army Corps is pursuing plans to...
The ocean is the heart and the lungs of our beautiful blue planet. No matter where you live, you are connected to the sea. The ocean in trouble, and that means so are we. But there are things each of us can do, and together we still have a window of opportunity to...
On October 20, the International Society of Reef Studies released a jaw-dropping scientific Consensus Statement in preparation for the 21st Session of the Conference of the Parties to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change, to be held in Paris this...
A plethora of scientific studies attest to the importance and urgency to protect Brazil's proposed Albardão National Park, as a living witness to the evolution of Life on Earth. Since 2008 there has been a formal proposal under analysis at the National Biodiversity...
DEMA -- The Diving Equipment & Marketing Association urgently requests all members of the diving community to issue a statement to the Cayman Islands Department of Environment (DOE) by the July 3rd deadline OPPOSING the construction of a proposed cruise ship...
Recognizing that jobs and revenues of its multibillion-dollar industry are threatened by ocean degradation, overfishing and climate change, a group of dive industry stakeholders has launched a call to action for governments and international treaties to address...
Unprecedented Dive Industry Initiative Will Address World Governments at International Treaty Negotiations.
An unprecedented international dive initiative is being launched by environmental group Divers for Sharks and the Brazilian-based non-profit Augusto Carneiro Institute. The team invites dive industry members from around the globe to unite as a single voice, to draw...
Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands --A fundraising campaign has been launched in Grand Cayman to help finance and sustain a major reef restoration project currently being done by volunteer divers supported by local dive operators, and overseen by the Cayman Islands...
The Australia-based Global Coral Reef Monitoring Network estimated in a recebt report that 19% of the world’s original coral reef has already been lost, another 15% will be “seriously threatened” in the next two decades and 20% will be threatened with loss in the next...
Banner Image © Jones/Shimlock—Secret Sea Visions