The question isn’t, “I’m just one person; what can I do?” Everyone who has ever lived has been one person. The question is what can you do? And who can you do it with? Who do you need? Who needs your help?
Petitions for You to Sign
Save Your Ocean
It’s a change-making, ocean-loving water tribe here at Blue Ocean Network. We are deeply connected to the sea and that compels our community to take action and contribute, each in their own way, to save our oceans. While we can have some serious fun in this network, we believe in the power of individual action to protect our blue planet.
Get Involved Right Now
- STAY INFORMED – Sign up to receive our lovingly curated OCEAN UPDATES delivered to your inbox.
- GET INSPIRED – Check out our Summit Alumni of luminaries, visionaries, actionaries and thalassophiles.
- CONNECT – Plot & scheme ocean goodness with your kinda people inside our FACEBOOK GROUP
- ENGAGE – Sign and share the selected ocean petitions linked to this page (left sidebar).
- GET INSPIRED – Learn from outstanding ocean leaders in our NEWS section.
- COLLABORATE – Support the good works and sustainable pathways created by our community ALLIES.
- PARTICIPATE – Meet your ocean peeps face-to-face at EVENTS and during our online SUMMIT.
- SHARE YOUR STORY – What are you passionate about? Contribute your insights to this ocean-friendly community. See our Editorial Guidelines.
Want Career Support? Scholarships, Jobs, Internships?
There are several ways this ocean loving community supports your doing good while making a living.
- SCHOLARSHIPS & GRANTS – Subscribe to Ocean Updates to find the latest in financial support for your education.
- ATTRACT TEAM MEMBERS – Complete your team by posting your ocean-related jobs to Ocean Updates .
- JOB SEARCH – Ocean Updates is a tool to let this community know about your skills, preferences and availability.
- FELLOWSHIPS – We regularly post Fellowship opportunities in our community via Ocean Updates.
- BON INTERNSHIPS – Blue Ocean has an inhouse Internship program for people developing their media,marketing and communications skills in the ocean change-making and social enterprise arenas. Check out the BON Intership Program and available postings.
For your postings to be included in weekly Ocean Updates: Submit your Job Posting / Available Expertise / Funding support opportunities in a brief email (125 words max) (including a link to the details on your site) to Robert (at) BlueOcean.Net with “Careers” in the Subject line. Posts are screened and subject to space availability.
Join our global, growing and engaged tribe of Ocean People who are taking action in our own backyards. True, some have very big backyards. But no matter where you live, you can tap into the power of the tribe to help you bend the needle for the better.
A new documentary just aired on Norwegian Public Broadcasting reveals some alarming details regarding Norway’s hunting of Minke whales. The release of Slaget om kvalen (translated as "Battle of Agony") has sparked outrage within the conservation community. ...
Just in is this Press Release from our good friend and ocean ally Stiv Wilson at the Story of Stuff Project. We have been reporting on Stiv's good work in getting plastic microbeads banned, and you can read about his 2015 Blue Ocean Summit interview. Now Stiv is using...
Dolphins are one of the earth’s most beloved creatures and we have long been enthralled with the intelligence and speed exhibited by these highly social, marine mammals. These animals have amazed humans for millennium and been depicted in the mythology and art of many...
If you have seen our recent article on the Ridley sea turtle verses the Plastic Straw then you will understand the perils that plastic straws hold for marine life, especially sea turtles, that often mistake straws for food. If you have not read this very important...
The Marine Arctic Protected Sanctuary There has been exciting news recently with the declaration of the world’s largest marine protected area, 1.55 million km of the Ross Sea in the Southern Ocean. However, this protection of Antarctic waters has not been duplicated...
"Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible" -- Francis of Assisi Protect Our Coral Reefs and everything that depends on them If we had an oil spill that was dumping tons of oil into our Ocean we would demand...
"the most remarkable reef in the West Indies" as described by Charles Darwin in 1842 The world’s second longest Barrier Reef (the longest in the northern hemisphere) follows the coast of Belize for 300 kilometers (190 mi) as the central section of the Mesoamerican...
Coastal Reefs have Many Benefits In recent memory the coastal reefs off Australia’s southern shores, composed mostly of shellfish, provided food for local fish and helped to protect the coastal settlements from storms. Unfortunately, today these reefs have nearly...
Join With Defenders of Wildlife to Protect Polar Bears The Polar Bear is the iconic symbol of the Artic wilderness. Unfortunately this wilderness is becoming less wild. With global warming and the melting of Arctic sea ice the environment of the Polar Bear is changing...
Join the Defenders of Wildlife and Help To Save Sharks Here are some interesting facts about sharks. It is thought that between 26 and 73 million sharks are killed annually just for their fins. Although it has been reported that 100 million sharks were killed for...
Banner Image © Jones/Shimlock—Secret Sea Visions