“The question isn’t, “I’m just one person; what can I do?” Everyone who has ever lived has been one person. The question is what can you do? And who can you do it with? Who do you need? Who needs your help?” ~ Carl Safina
Petitions for You to Sign
Save Your Ocean
It’s a change-making, ocean-loving water tribe here at Blue Ocean Network. We are deeply connected to the sea and that compels our community to take action and contribute, each in their own way, to save our oceans. While we can have some serious fun in this network, we believe in the power of individual action to protect our blue planet.
Get Involved Right Now
- STAY INFORMED – Sign up to receive our lovingly curated OCEAN UPDATES delivered to your inbox.
- GET INSPIRED – Check out our Summit Alumni of luminaries, visionaries, actionaries and thalassophiles.
- CONNECT – Plot & scheme ocean goodness with your kinda people inside our FACEBOOK GROUP
- ENGAGE – Sign and share the selected ocean petitions linked to this page (left sidebar).
- GET INSPIRED – Learn from outstanding ocean leaders in our NEWS section.
- COLLABORATE – Support the good works and sustainable pathways created by our community ALLIES.
- PARTICIPATE – Meet your ocean peeps face-to-face at EVENTS and during our online SUMMIT.
- SHARE YOUR STORY – What are you passionate about? Contribute your insights to this ocean-friendly community. See our Editorial Guidelines.
Want Career Support? Scholarships, Jobs, Internships?
There are several ways this ocean loving community supports your doing good while making a living.
- SCHOLARSHIPS & GRANTS – Subscribe to Ocean Updates to find the latest in financial support for your education.
- ATTRACT TEAM MEMBERS – Complete your team by posting your ocean-related jobs to Ocean Updates .
- JOB SEARCH – Ocean Updates is a tool to let this community know about your skills, preferences and availability.
- FELLOWSHIPS – We regularly post Fellowship opportunities in our community via Ocean Updates.
- BON INTERNSHIPS – Blue Ocean has an inhouse Internship program for people developing their media,marketing and communications skills in the ocean change-making and social enterprise arenas. Check out the BON Intership Program and available postings.
For your postings to be included in weekly Ocean Updates: Submit your Job Posting / Available Expertise / Funding support opportunities in a brief email (125 words max) (including a link to the details on your site) to Robert (at) BlueOcean.Net with “Careers” in the Subject line. Posts are screened and subject to space availability.
Join our global, growing and engaged tribe of Ocean People who are taking action in our own backyards. True, some have very big backyards. But no matter where you live, you can tap into the power of the tribe to help you bend the needle for the better.
Do you ever wonder when you sign a petition or send in a letter, Is My Voice Heard? The answer is a resounding yes and it is demonstrated over and over again. Here's a recent example, in March we published an article on the Goliath Grouper focusing on the pressure...
Once a trophy fish found in abundant quantities off Florida, the docile and slow moving Atlantic Goliath Grouper was fished to near extinction in the 1980's. In 1990, the fishing of Goliath Grouper was prohibited in US waters and in 1994 the IUCN "Red Listed" it as...
We recently did research on the environmental sustainability of famous theme parks in Orlando, Florida. In Life Beyond Plastics: Make Your Next Trip Sustainable, we compared firsthand experiences at Walt Disney World and Universal Studios. Our aim was to determine...
Australia's Great Barrier Reef is one of the planet's most inspiring treasures. The Great Barrier Reef is also confronting almost insurmountable perils. Over the last several years as a result of climate change, we have witnessed, repetitive and extreme, ocean warming...
Blue Ocean Network has long been outspoken it its opposition to the international trade in shark fins. We are alarmed by the recent attempts by Costa Rican President Luis Guillermo Solis to overturn his country's ban on the export of shark fins. In 2013 the former...
I know that you will enjoy this article on Covert Clones Battling Climate Change by Erika Delemarre our newest Blue Ocean contributor. We will be publishing a second article by Erika next week on how Kelp Forests can help us fight climate change. Welcome Erika and...
Mission Blue is rallying all ocean warriors to protect Florida's Goliath Grouper. The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) is considering allowing the harvest of Goliath Groupers. This could mean that 400 grouper would be killed over 4 years,...
Seismic airgun blasting is used to detect oil and gas deposits on the seafloor. Seismic airguns are towed behind ships, and blast every ten seconds, 24 hours a day, for days and weeks at a time. (photo - en.paperblog.com) Blasts can be heard 2,500 Miles from the...
The critically, endangered Vaquita has been recognized by the international community by setting aside July 8, 2017 as the first and hopefully not last International Save the Vaquita Day. Considered to be the world's most endangered marine mammal with as few as 30...
Parvati.org founder and CEO, Parvati Devi, and Executive Producer Rishi Deva are delighted to share that since the wonderful Blue Ocean Summit last fall, many of our Blue Ocean Network tribe have joined in support of the Marine Arctic Peace Sanctuary (MAPS), whether...
Banner Image © Jones/Shimlock—Secret Sea Visions